Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Operation Flat Belly - Putting It ALL Out There

Economom Amie's weekly musings on shedding her post-baby weight, also known as Operation Flat Belly.

Macy and I just after she was born.
Time for the chubby cheeks and double chin to go!
I have no more excuses. It's been six weeks since my C-section, so I'm medically cleared to exercise. That also means Macy is now old enough for me to take advantage of the nursery at the Y. Macy's even into somewhat of a sleep schedule. And I'm still on maternity leave. Yep, no excuses. It's time for Operation Flat Belly.

However, I'm far from motivated. As someone who thrives on being busy, it's been refreshing to take a chill pill and focus on getting to know my new little girl over anything else. We've become quite good at relaxing on the couch and staring into each others' eyes. I'm in love!

Therefore, I need a sure fire way to get my booty moving and my pie hole eating healthy. Because as much as I absolutely adore lazing around with Macy, I know I won't be 100% satisfied until I shed this baby weight. And I know it will make me a better mom too. Confident and happy person = confident and happy mommy = confident and happy baby.

Self-motivation just isn't going to cut it. So I've decided to put it ALL out there in hopes that making my quest to lose weight public will be the push I need. I figure if I tell 900+ people that I'm going to get in shape, I better do it! Peer pressure at its best!

So here's my pledge, Economoms fans. I WILL get fit, and I WILL tell you about it along the way--the good, the bad, and the ugly. All I ask of you is to support me. Congratulate me if I deserve it and give me a kick in the butt when I need it! Share your tips and recipes, and tell us about your own ventures to be a healthy mom. Hopefully this experiment will motivate many of us, not just me!

Next up ...... the dreaded weigh-in.

2 comments:

Tovah said...

I am on operation flat belly too... Joined weight watchers and was excited to hear you get extra points if you breast feed! Woo...

Economoms said...

Good for you! How are you liking WW? It's one of the programs I am considering and would love to hear your thoughts.

Post a Comment