Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Operation Flat Belly - Hopping on the Fast Track

Economom Amie's musings on shedding her post-baby weight, also known as Operation Flat Belly.

Over the past several weeks since I launched my Operation Flat Belly mission, I've been pretty good about working out. Between practicing yoga, running through my neighborhood, hitting up the Y occassionally, and taking the oh-so-challenging Kamikaze classes at Interactive Fitness, I feel like I've put forth a decent effort toward being more physically active.

Eating? Not so much. The extra calories I'm burning from breast feeding just aren't enough. It's time for a diet. Time to depart from let's eat healthy for breakfast and lunch but pig out at dinner. Or let's be good all week and then ruin my progress over the weekend.

Frankly, I'm tired of thinking about it. It's exhausting to come up with healthy meals and snacks, especially when you're trying to juggle caring for a baby, upkeeping a house, penning a blog, and working. Unfortunately, my full-time maternity leave is over; I'm now working half-time from home with occasional pop-ins at the office.

By the end of the day, cooking is the last thing I feel like doing. And as you all know, eating healthy at a restaurant is close to impossible!

So I've decided to jump on the Fast Track -- Supper Thyme Cockeysville's 3-a-Day Fast Track that is. And I convinced my fiance Todd to do it with me too! The program offers homemade meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that keep your daily calorie intake at a low enough level to lose weight along with exercise.

Now, I'm not one for gimmicks at all. Diets like SlimFast and Nutrisystem are not my speed. Supper Thyme's Fast Track meals appealed to me because it's REAL food that's healthy and portioned correctly. That's my biggest fault, by the way, eating portion sizes that are wayyyyy too big.

Plus, just after I had Macy, we picked up some frozen Supper Thyme meals to make dinnert-time easy. They were delish! So I know I'll be getting something that tastes good.

I pick up my one week supply of food this afternoon. I'm so excited and can't wait to try our first dinner tonight! No cooking ... woo hoo!

As I progress through the Fast Track meals, I'll let you know how it goes--for better or worse! If you want to go ahead and try Fast Track for yourself, Supper Thyme is having an open house this Thursday, March 24 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at which you'll get to sample the meals and ask any questions you might have. Fan their Facebook page for details and updates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment