Here are Economoms' picks for the best budget-conscious activities in the Baltimore area for August 12-14, 2011.
- Howard County Fair - Thursday through Sunday, 8 a.m.-11 p.m. $5 admission for 10 and up.
- Tubing Down the Little Gunpowder - Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sponsored by Oregon Ridge. Reservations required, $10 per person or $8 for members.
- Blackberry Bash at Milburn Orchards - Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Hand-cranked ice cream demonstrations, face painting, a bean bag toss, and a pie eating contest for children. BarnYard Buddies & FarmYard Playground will be open. FREE!
- Night Time Butterfly Hike and Campfire S'mores - Oregon Ridge, 8-9:30 p.m.For kids 8 years and up. $4 per person or $3 for members.
- Baltimore City Summer Restaurant Week - Three course lunches for $20.11 and three course dinners for $35.11.
- Baltimore County Restaurant Week - Lunches and Dinners for $10.11, $15.11, $20.11, $25.11, $30.11, and $35.11.
- Towson's Feet on the Street Block Party: 6 p.m. every Friday through September; Allegheny Avenue, between Washington Avenue and York Road. FREE!
- Fell's Point Farmer's Market - 7:30-11:30 a.m in Broadway Square every Saturday through September.