More than 40 tall ships and naval vessels will sail into and dock at the Inner Harbor, Fell's Point, and Locust Point for the week-long event. Here are some FREE family-friendly activities to get you involved in this cool piece of Baltimore history!
- Watch the Ships Sail in with the National Aquarium - Bring the entire family to Pier 3, just outside the Aquarium, to watch the ships arrive, while listening to the sounds of summer with free music. Bring your picnic blankets and chairs. 4:30-7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 13.
- Be on a Live Broadcast with Al Roker - Thursday, June 14 from 6-9:30 a.m., Al Roker will be broadcasting live from the West Wall of the Inner Harbor (near the Brazilian ship Cisne Branco). Wear your red, white and blue to show the world Baltimore’s Star-Spangled Spirit! Special guests will include: Navy Ceremonial Band, Indonesian performers from the Dewaruci, Vince Vaise and the Fort McHenry Guard, and the captain and crew of the Cisne Branco.
- Tour the Ships - The visiting ships will be open Thursday, June 14 to Monday, June 18 for public visitation. Ships berthed at the Inner Harbor and Fell's Point are generally open for touring from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. and naval vessels at North Locust Point will be open for tours from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Make Patriotic Party Hats at the AVAM - This fun activity is FREE with paid admission to the American Visionary Art Museum. Create your very own red, white, and blue party hat then explore the museum. For all ages. The AVAM will supply the materials.
- Watch the Star Spangled Air Show - The U.S. Navy Blue Angels will perform an air show from 1-4 p.m. on both Saturday, June 16 and Sunday, June 17. What a perfect Father's Day activity! Click on the link for public viewing locations.
- Visit the Star-Spangled Aircraft Display & Festival - The airport will host an open-house on both Saturday, June 16 and Sunday, June 17 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., which will include airplane landings and take-offs, vintage aircraft on display, and autograph sessions with the Blue Angels. Plus, this is one of the viewing locations for the air show!
- Check Out the Sailabration Festival Villages - There are five villages in total featuring food and entertainment. There are two that are specifically designed for families. The M&T Bank Chesapeake Family Zone will be located on McKeldin Square, across from the Inner Harbor at Pratt and Light Streets. The area will feature hands-on activities that teach and encourage environmental stewardship. Additionally, the Rash Field Adventure Zone will feature displays from the Navy, Coast Guard and National Guard, as well as a rock climbing wall, volleyball and other fun sporting events and activities.