Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Operation Flat Belly - The Dreaded Weigh-In

Economom Amie's musings on shedding her post-baby weight, also known as Operation Flat Belly.

I'm going to make this post short and to the point because it's information that I really, really wish I could just keep to myself! But in the spirit of this column and my original promise--to share not only the ups but also the downs during my quest to get fit--I'm forcing myself to spill the beans.

I stepped on a scale for the first time today since I was 40 weeks pregnant. I had my six week check-up at the OBGYN following my C-section. I'm thrilled at how well I bounced back from the C-section, but I'm less than enthusiastic about the digits that showed up on the scale.

So what's the magic number? 155.

The weight has started to come off but I haven't lost nearly as much as I had anticipated. For some reason after 6 weeks I thought I'd be closer to my pre-pregnancy weight. Lesson learned--Operation Flat Belly isn't going to be easy. The weight isn't going to magically melt away as I sit on my booty doing nothing. DUH!

But hopefully putting the number 155 in black and white will be the ultimate motivation. There's nothing I want more than to type a (much) smaller number a couple months from now. So my next step will be to come up with a healthy weight loss goal for my five foot two frame. How exciting, right!? (Insert sarcasm here).

Many thanks for letting me rant tonight! Good night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment