Here are Economoms' picks for the best budget-conscious activities in the Baltimore area for August 19-21, 2011.
- Baltimore County Wee-Cycle Mart - Timonium, next to new Shop Rite. Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (everything 50% off). $2 admission or $1 with canned goods. Kids FREE! All clothing and show purchases are tax-exempt.
- Rockin' Raspberry Weekend at Milburn Orchards - Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Hand-cranked ice cream demonstrations, face painting, a bean bag toss, and a pie eating contest for children. BarnYard Buddies & FarmYard Playground will be open. FREE!
- Baltimore County Restaurant Week - Lunches and Dinners for $10.11, $15.11, $20.11, $25.11, $30.11, and $35.11.
- $2 Family Fun Night at Port Discovery - 4-7 p.m. $2 admission for all!
- Concert on the Green at Irvine - 6-9:30 p.m., Irvine Nature Center in Owings Mills. Live music, nature activities and walks, animal encounters. FREE!
- Family Fun Night at the Y - 6- 9 p.m., Parkville location. Games, activities, snacks, and giveaways. All FREE!
- Towson's Feet on the Street Block Party: 6 p.m. every Friday through September; Allegheny Avenue, between Washington Avenue and York Road. FREE!
- Belvedere Square Summer Sounds Concert Series: 6-9 p.m. every Friday through September. FREE!
- Frederick Road Fridays Summer Concert Series: 6:30-9:30 p.m. every Friday through September 2 in Catonsville. FREE!
- The Avenue at White Marsh's Party on the Plaza: 7-9 p.m. every Friday and Saturday through September. FREE!
- Friday Night Concert Series at Hunt Valley Towne Center : 7:30-9 p.m. every Friday through September. FREE!
- Kenilworth Summer Film Series - 8:45 p.m., lower level parking lot. Pirates of the Caribbean. FREE! Plus, complimentary popcorn!
- Great American Backyard Campout - FREE in your own backyard! Or, if you don't have the necessary equipment, join Irvine Nature Center for this overnight adventure that includes snacks, breakfast and tents. 7 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday. $40 for non-member families, $20 for member families.
- Summer Saturday Nature Series at Benjamin Banneker Park - Last session of summer 2011. Times vary. FREE!
- Baltimore Farmer's Market: Under the JFX, every Sunday, 7 a.m.-noon.
- Groovin' in the Grass: Ladew Summer Concert Series - Last week's concert was rained out so it was postponed until this Sunday. 6-8 p.m. at Ladew Gardens. Members $7, Adults $15, Seniors (62+) and Students $13, Children (ages 2 -12) $3.