By taking the traditionally breaded and fried nuggets and gilling them, they've come up with a kids meal that has up to 85% less fat than other fast food options! Way to go Chick-fil-A!
Today, we're excited to announce the five lucky moms who won our flash giveaway for a free grilled chicken nuggets kids meal. But first, here are some of the ways you told us how you creatively lighten up the food in your family's kitchen. Some of these are new to me, and I'm so excited to try them!
- Substitute apple sauce for oil, yogurt for sour cream, and whole wheat flour for white flour
- Use lean ground turkey or chicken instead of beef
- Cut the mayo from your sandwich and use avocado or hummus instead
- Keep a bag of frozen spinach in the freezer. Grab a handful, puree, and add into almost anything, like spaghetti sauce, smoothies, bread, and meatballs. (Can't wait to start incorporating this one into my cooking!)
- Choose whole grain breads and pastas over those made with white flour. Or use spaghetti squash instead of pasta!
- Make hot cocoa with fat free evaporated milk, or substitute Ovaltine for chocolate syrup when making chocolate milk
- Water down juices to cut sugar and carbs
Congrats to Christina H., Dawnie B., Mindy W., Hannah B., and Lindsey H.! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address and I will get your coupon right over to you! Please be sure to tell us what you think of Chick-fil-A's new grilled chicken nugget meals. We'd love to hear if they taste as good as they look!